Thanks to its expertise developed over 50 years, FIMI has the capability to offer a wide range of Slitting, Recoiling & Coil Inspection lines, that can be summarized
- Slitting lines for automotive applications
- Slitting lines for stainless steel, aluminium, copper and brass
- Slitting lines for hot rolled heavy gauge steel
- Recoiling & coil inspection lines
FIMI Slitting, Recoiling & Coil Inspection lines give to the customer the advantages of high productivity with easy-to-use equipment and personnel reduction thanks to the high degree of automation.
- Ferrous and non-ferrous Metal Strip to Heavy Gauge Steel.
- Tensioning technology suited to application - Vacuum Roll, best suiting the most delicate Aluminium, to Felt Press for Heavy Gauge Steel.
- High Productivity - A number of automatic set-up devices are provided to minimize the downtime due to frequent changes of production programs and the coils loading / off-loading operations.
- Flexibility - additional devices like Slitting Tooling set-up Robot, Separator disks set-up Robot, Slitting Tooling or Slitting Head Automatic Change, Thickness Measuring, Camera Inspection, Oiling Machine etc.
- Lines for Heavy gauge Hot Rolled Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium and Brass
- From 0.1 to 18mm thick
- Speeds up to 800m/min
- Widths up to 2200mm
- Slitting shear features "Blade clearance fine tuning" in addition to the standard automatic blade penetration. This is performed with closed loop servo motor to achieve zero slitting burr.
- Automatic feeding of the slit ends to recoiler.
- Automatic robot set-up of separator disks/tooling.
- Delicate surface (Aluminium) tensioning using vacuum roll technology.
- Different recoiling mandrel diameters which can be changed in semi auto or automatic.
- Thickness measurement.
- Inspection Cabins to record up to 45 different kinds of defects with data stored in the system.
- Side trimming and center cut with scrap chopper or baller.
- Laser welding of coils.
- Surface oiling and oil thickness measurement.
- Belt wrapper to avoid strip clamping in recoiling mandrel.
- Automatic coil strapping, weighing and labelling.
- Automatic paper/plastic application device.